Grades K3 & K4
Enrollment and Tuition
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Porter Christian Academy uses the A Beka Academy curriculum, which offers a first-class Christian education for your student. This exciting Early Learning Program provides ample learning opportunities, such as:
K3 Learning Objectives
- Helps young children recognize letter shapes and learn letter sounds
- Sharpens listening skills, following directions, and practice eye-hand coordination as they learn number concepts 1-15
- Develops motor skills through arts and crafts while they use paint, glue, and color projects
- Associates Bible verses with pictures and songs
K4 Learning Objectives
- Introduces phonics and develops early reading skills (one and two vowel words)
- Learns to trace and write letters and their name, as well as recognize and count numbers to 100
- Develops visual perception, listening skills, and motor skills
- Introduces Bible songs, scriptures, prayer, and gains age-appropriate knowledge and application through lessons from the Old and New Testaments
- Prepares students for a successful Kindergarten year
GRADING AND EVALUATION
Official grades begin at the Kindergarten level, so students are not pressured to perform at a certain level in the Early Learning Program. The greatest benefit for your child is placing them in a structured Christian atmosphere where they will develop their social and motor skills and introduce them to many learning concepts in preparation for Kindergarten. Periodically, our staff will conference with parents and provide a general overview of their child’s progress.
UNIFORM AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE
K3 & K4 Girls
· Mesh Polo Dress – Must be purchased from Lands’ End. (Please see the school office for more information.)
· Footwear - Black, brown or navy loafers, flats or lace-up shoes. Girls must wear color coordinating socks with the uniform.
· Personal Appearance – Girls’ hair must be uncut. No jewelry, make-up, or nail polish of any kind.
K3 & K4 Boys
· Polo Shirts - Must be purchased from the school office and embroidered with the school’s name and logo. Shirts must be tucked in and buttoned up to, and including, the second button from the neck.
· Pants – Can be purchased from any retailer as long as they are “school uniform” khaki-colored pants. School uniform pants cannot be made from the same material as jeans. Suggested online retailers are Lands’ End, Academy, Children’s Place, or JCPenney. Pants can be either flat front or pleated. Boys should wear solid black or brown belts.
· Footwear - Black, navy or brown loafers or lace-up shoes. Boys must wear color coordinating socks with the uniform.
· Personal Appearance – Boys’ hair must be off the ears and collar. No jewelry of any kind.
The school does not have a cafeteria. Students can either bring their lunch or purchase a school lunch from the freezer, such as pizza or a cheeseburger. The lunch room has microwaves available.
The school will provide snacks twice a day for K3 and K4 students. If you would like to bring specific snacks from home, please include them in your child’s lunch box.
STUDENT ENROLLMENT FEE
$150 per student
(Tuesday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
$4,000 (yearly) $400 (monthly)
4-Day Students + After school class
(Tuesday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
$4,800 (yearly) $480 (monthly)
FIRST MONTHLY SCHOOL BILL
Your first monthly school bill is due on August 15th or no later than the first day of school. After the first complete day of school, all fees are non-refundable as well as tuition and curriculum for the first month. Also, if a student attends any part of a month and withdraws from the school, that month's school bill is due.
PAST DUE ACCOUNTS
All monthly school bills are due on the 15th of each month, beginning August 15th and ending May 15th. A $25 late fee will be charged if your full monthly payment is not received by the 25th of each month. If you have not paid your school bill in full by the last day of the month, your child will not be allowed to return to school on the first day of the next month. No child will be allowed to return to a new school year with a past due account from the previous school year.
LATE FEE PICK-UP
The following late fees will be applied daily to your account when a student is not picked-up from school in a timely manner:
5-Day and 4-Day Students (no after school class)
Students remaining in the classroom after 4:15 p.m. will incur a late fee of $10 per 15-minute increment starting at 4:16 p.m.
5-Day and 4-Day Students + After School Class
Students remaining in the classroom after 6:00 p.m. will incur a late fee of $10 per 15-minute increment starting at 6:01 p.m.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
Unlike other students, K3 and K4 students must be under the direct supervision of a parent, or an approved adult, when being dropped off and picked up from the classroom. Students must be signed-in and signed-out using the classroom clipboard.
All parents must submit their child’s immunization records upon enrollment. It is important that you keep your child’s records updated and they receive their shots as instructed by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Students are expected to be potty-trained before enrolling in our Early Learning Program. While we understand the occasional “accident,” this should be the exception rather than a weekly “event.” Please keep an extra change of clothes in your child’s back pack at ALL TIMES. This will be helpful when accidents do occur or when clothing is soiled from spilled drinks or food.